It is day 8 of no gas, heat and hot water due to gas leak in our home! Rather than become frustrated and upset over the process, I decided to take each day as it comes.
We were told that the usual process is 2-3 weeks before your gas could be turned on. It can be a difficult situation to endure. We cannot do laundry (we use a gas dryer), cook, shower or heat the house.
You certainly learn quickly what stuff you are made of. I decided to make a list of the things I was grateful for despite the circumstances.
1. The gas leak was found in time and as a result, a greater devastation was prevented.
2. We are not in the bitter cold of winter.
3. Our electric heater has kept 2 main rooms comfortably warm.
4. Our daughter lives nearby and her home is available for showers.
5. We can eat out sensibly and healthily by making wise choices. On occasion a hot meal from local restaurant.
6. Our PRAYERS have adjusted our thinking and our attitudes.
We were told that due to the fact that the City Inspector was going to be out of the office for 4 days; which his office learned of at the last minute, they would send out another inspector and list us as an emergency. That is suppose to occur today. Con Ed will do their final inspection before gas is restored to our home. It takes a week or more to get Con Ed out to the premises…..and so we wait.